Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12 : Scents

I really do wish I had taken the time to grieve any of my angels, but that simply didn't happen. I've been fighting with guilt from the very first day of my very first miscarriage, feeling like I shouldn't be upset because 'it happens' to women my age and there's nothing to do but 'move on'. Because of not allowing myself to grieve or really attach anything (emotionally or physically) with my angels, I don't have a specific scent, such as a flower or anything, to remember them by. The one scent I can remember when I think of my angel babies, though, is the beach and ocean. As I've posted about before, our third loss was in mid-August 2009, just a couple weeks before we were to go on a family vacation to the beach. I was really struggling with what, if anything, to say and how to act/feel. In the end, of course I knew we had all been anticipating the trip and I was just hoping I could hold myself together long enough to enjoy the trip with my children. The sounds and scents of the ocean were just mesmerizing and peaceful.




Blessings and peace to you,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment